- Medicare Advantage bill introduced by senators to stem complaintsby Jeff Lagasse on November 23, 2022 at 8:11 pm
U.S. Senators Maggie Hassan (D-NH) and Roger Marshall, M.D. (R-KS) have introduced the bipartisan Medicare & You Handbook Improvement Act, which is meant to ensure that when seniors assess their Medicare coverage options, they have the necessary information they need on health plan choices and supplemental insurance. The bill was crafted partly in response to rising complaints among seniors over aggressive marketing practices for Medicare Advantage plans.
- House members urge changes to No Surprises Act final ruleby Jeff Lagasse on November 23, 2022 at 5:39 pm
Leaders of the House Ways and Means Committee have sent a letter to several federal agencies saying the final rule implementing the No Surprises Act favors insurers and should be changed to reflect provider concerns.
- MetroHealth CEO and President Dr. Akram Boutros fired for causeby Susan Morse on November 23, 2022 at 3:22 pm
The MetroHealth board of trustees has terminated the employment of President and CEO Dr. Akram Boutros, effective immediately, according to Vanessa Whiting, chair of the MetroHealth System in Cleveland.
- Following heart surgery, cloud-based monitoring improves patient experienceby HIMSS TV on November 23, 2022 at 11:00 am
Teams performing clinical care can monitor installed heart pumps from their devices, and can improve family and patient communications, according to Dawn Bardot, Abiomed's senior director global services.
- No Surprises Act prevented 9 million surprise billsby Jeff Lagasse on November 22, 2022 at 7:43 pm
As many as 9 million surprise medical bills have been prevented since January due to the impact of the No Surprises Act, according to new data published by AHIP and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.