- Algorithms can assure an equitable distribution of nursing resourcesby HIMSS TV on March 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
Stesha Selsky and Meg Furukawa, nurse informaticists for the UCLA Health System, preview their talk at HIMSS23 explaining how algorithms can use patient data to distribute the nursing workload.
- To meet interoperability mandates, providers and payers should build API expertiseby Susan Morse on March 22, 2023 at 8:00 pm
The recent Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services proposed Interoperability and Patient Access proposed rule is designed to provide patients with easier, more useful access to their health information, according to Drew Ivan, chief strategy officer at Lyniate.
- Coalition decries legal challenges to No Surprises Actby Jeff Lagasse on March 22, 2023 at 3:29 pm
A number of healthcare organizations, including AHIP and the American Benefits Council, have banded together to criticize legal challenges to the No Surprises Act, the 2020 law that aimed to take patients out of billing conflicts between providers and payers.
- DOJ, states drop appeal of Optum and Change mergerby Susan Morse on March 22, 2023 at 1:59 pm
The Department of Justice and states of Minnesota and New York have dropped their appeal of the $13.8 billion merger between Optum and Change Healthcare, according to a filing Monday in the District of Columbia Circuit Court. The plaintiffs asked for the case to be voluntarily dismissed, giving no reason for the request.
- How NLP fills gaps in military healthcareby HIMSS TV on March 22, 2023 at 10:00 am
Two U.S. military health IT experts talk about natural language processing, which digests countless healthcare documents to assist them in job efficiency.