- Synaptic Health Alliance provider data blockchain initiative expandsby Nathan Eddy on June 29, 2022 at 9:16 pm
Healthcare tech consortium Synaptic Health Alliance has announced the addition of its newest member, ProCredEx, a blockchain health credentialing company. The Alliance also announced the expansion of its provider data management initiative to Colorado, Florida, Michigan, and New York.
- Supreme Court declines to hear ERISA petition against Express Scriptsby Susan Morse on June 29, 2022 at 3:22 pm
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a case over whether pharmacy benefit managers must act in the interest of Employee Retirement Income Security Act self-funded plans by lowering drug costs.
- HHS announces an enhanced vaccine strategy to control the spread of monkeypoxby Susan Morse on June 29, 2022 at 2:31 pm
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has announced an enhanced nationwide vaccination strategy against monkeypox. The strategy will prioritize vaccines for areas with the highest numbers of cases, and provide guidance to state, territorial, tribal, and local health officials to aid their planning and response efforts, HHS said.
- Becerra: Support for medication abortion, travel and privacy, but there is no 'magic bullet' to ruling by Susan Morse on June 28, 2022 at 9:05 pm
The federal government will do all it can to protect Americans' reproductive rights, but there is no "magic bullet" to Friday's Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra said Tuesday. HHS will support access to medication abortion, safe travel to states that allow abortions, and health privacy.
- DrFirst releases Huddle Health app for health record portabilityby Susan Morse on June 28, 2022 at 1:09 pm
E-prescribing software developer Dr. First has announced a free Huddle Health app that allows patients to receive and share their medical records. The app allows users to collect and share records from their health history, including past and current medication lists, care plans, and provider and insurance information, the company said.