Dermatology Billing with Sudaco
Better Collections Require Experience That’s More Than Skin Deep.
Dermatology requires detailed reporting on skin lesions, including number, size and precise location, as well as detailed information on procedures, including excision, biopsy, and lesion destruction. Many CPT codes used in dermatology are subject to multiple procedure rules, and a thorough understanding of modifiers and post-op periods is essential.
We are true dermatology billing specialists.
At Sudaco, we specialize in dermatology billing. We recognize the impact CPT code changes, ICD-10 and industry regulations can have on your processes. Our team brings over two decades of dermatology coding experience and includes Certified Professional Coders (CPC) through AAPC and Certified Coding Specialists – Physician based (CCS-P) through AHIMA, both nationally recognized.
We deal with a variety of dermatology coding areas, including:
- Mohs surgery, including location, stages and tissue blocks
- Skin biopsies
- Punch, incisional, needle
- Repair coding
- Simple, intermediate, complex
- Adjacent tissue transfer
- Skin replacement/flaps and grafts
- Lesion destruction
- Diameter, location, method, number
- Malignant, benign, and pre-malignant
- Laser treatment for inflammatory skin disease
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT)